How to Choose the Perfect Location for Your Next Photoshoot!
Whether booking with me or another studio one of the most challenging things can be choosing a location. As they say, location is everything. Location, location, location right?
Well let's chat a bit about location and hopefully I can ease your mind when it comes to your next shoot!
Tip # 1 - What does it mean to you?
Choosing a place that is sentimental and meaningful to you is always the number one go-to when deciding on a location.
Some ideas to get you started:
- The place you first met your spouse.
- Where you had your first date.
- Your family's favorite theme park. (Yes theme park!)
- The place you were married.
- Your favorite family hang out.
- Your home.
There are so many other fun ideas! Only you would know a location that is meaningful to you so get creative!
Tip # 2 - What do you enjoy doing?
Another great way to choose a location is to choose one based on who you are what you love doing most.
- Do you surf? Your favorite surf break.
- Are you obsessed with gardening and have a great green thumb? How about a local nursery!
- Are you faithful to Wine-Whine-Wednesdays? Your favorite local vineyard could be fun!
- Baseball fanatics? A local ball field would be perfect!
- Cars and trucks your thing? Find a car show event.
- Coffee snob? Find the sweetest little local coffee shop and make a day of it!
Tip # 3 - Just be you!
The last tip is an easy one! Most importantly just be you! Keep it simple and don't over think it. Go with your gut! The more sentimental and personal your location the more you will fully enjoy the end results! You will have captured not only beautiful images of your loved ones, but add to your family history and lifestyle as well! It will be a true reflection of who you are.