maternity | newborn | motherhood
1. It is important that you are well rested. the day of your session. You want you to look your best, and getting enough sleep the night before is a good first step. Allow yourself extra time to perfect your wardrobe, style yourself, and travel. We recommend arriving for your session early and take the opportunity to enjoy a few moments of relaxation before we begin.
2. It is not necessary to accessorize your session with props and toys unless it has already been discussed as an integral part of your session. We create timeless portraits that are natural, relaxed and pure, and we find that keeping themes simple allows for real moments, expressions and interactions.
3. We recommend having your hands free throughout the session, and so we prefer to not have you carry extra clothing, a purse, drinks, or anything else. We will recommend that you leave your items at our starting location (most likely in your vehicle) and we can come back half-way through the session to change and freshen up.
4. We encourage you to embrace whatever mood you feel during your session. Feel free to relax, laugh and have a good time. Portraits are best when you are being yourself. It’s important to remember that just because there is a camera pointing at you, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be looking at the camera. Sometimes the strongest images are created when you are interacting with one another and enjoying a moment as opposed to posing.
in-home lifestyle newborn
1. Fresh flowers, Have dad or a friend grab you some the day before I come. We will use them as accents in the background. White or color, do what is your style
2. Pacifiers. Please get the soothie brand kind. No animal attachments please :)
3. White swaddle (if you have one)
4. Space heater out (if you have one)
5. Please have clutter put away or hidden under the bed or in closets before I get there. I love to see whats you, stuff, etc., but we need things like breast pumps, water cups by the side of the beds, papers on counters, etc. put away.
With lifestyle I want to see your life. Kids toys, etc., just try to sort of put them in places so it does not look TOO messy :)
6. Count on me moving furniture so we can get shots with the best light. I may also move clocks off next the the bed, etc. Anything that would distract from the shot.
7. I do shoot a lot in parents bedrooms, so just be mindful of that before I arrive.